Friday 26 March 2010

Front-line inquiry.

Every time someone dies in war, there's an enquiry. Why?

If I go to Tesco, come back with shopping, I shouldn't have to explain myself.

If someone goes to war, comes back dead, Good. That's what wars for. That's how you know it's working.

I don't think it's funny that people are dying in war. It's incredibly tragic. I just think it's interesting that we live in a country where an inquiry is not a luxury, it's a right.

Cos I can't imagine it's like that on the other side. I don't think they have the same deal in Afghanistan.

Atash: Have you seen my I-Pod?

Babur: Dave's got it.

A: Well, where's Dave?

B: He's dead.

A: What?

B:He's dead

A: What happened?
B: He went to war.
A: And?
B: And now he's dead.
A: How?
B: Well, you know how in war, they've got guns and stuff?

A: Uh-huh.

B: Well, that's what killed him.

A: Well...well, it's not fair. I-I-I don't understand. We need to get to the bottom of this.

B: Uh, we're Afghani peasants. We ARE at the bottom of this.

A: But can't we get some sort of investigation. Find out what happenned?

B: Who's gonna pay for that? The government?

A & B: Ha ha ha ha ha! Ha ha ha ha ha!

A: Ooh, but seriously. Greg's a lawyer. Can't he do it for us.

B: Greg's dead

A: Dead?

B: Yeah

A: War?

B: Yep.

A: Bugger. (sigh) This is fucked. Why can't we live in a country where they let us investigate these things? Where no life is any less valuable than the other?

B: Because they won't let us in.

A: Well what about England?

B: They're the ones that killed Dave and Greg.

A: Oh, right. Ah well, I guess my I-pod's gone then.

B: What did you want it for anyway?

A: Oh, I'm just on my way to the front line, I wanted something to drown out the screams until I get killed.

B: Want my Walkman?

A: No thanks, I'd rather die in style.

Well, therein ends todays preaching, I hope you've enjoyed yourself.

No comments:

Post a Comment