Tuesday 22 September 2009

Tune in.

I'm fairly certain this statement'll put me in the "Old Man" box (on some imaginary form, not an actual box to keep old men in. Coz that wouldn't be a box, that'd be a casket), but I can't believe how bad pop music is. There. I said it. Didn't think I ever would say that genuinely, but I have.

Who the fuck is buying this synthesized, electronic, r&b, bland, repetitive tripe that means nothing and rewards listeners with even less? I'm not angry, so much as astounded. I know I'm old coz when i say "buy", I try and envisage what kind of person would leave the house and buy a CD from a shop. Maybe that's the problem. Maybe music used to be better, when it was a bit of a mission to go and buy. When it took 2 days wages and a trip into town to buy a 45. Now we've got mass produced crap that you can click and own with less effort than picking your nose.

I believe pop music is a false economy. In the same way that houses a few years ago were selling way over there actual worth (due to reasons outside my field of knowledge), I think people are WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAYYY overvaluing pop music. And all it'll take is some one to go...

"Wait a minute... I think...yes... I think this music is fucken appalling"

And the word will spread like a brushfire throughout the cities of the world. Listeners will emerge from their slumber and realise they've been had for the last 10 years. And, angry and confused, they shall descend upon the stations responsible for peddling this rubbish for so long. And they shall tear down the buildings that are home to this audio-crime and stomp upon the cassettes and hard-drives until nothing is left of the over-produced and over-valued fecal tunes of the day.

And silence shall reign once again.

No comments:

Post a Comment